Citizenship by Investment Program
Montenegro is at the heart of discovery, beauty, and opportunity. Long considered the pearl of the Balkans, this nation represents the ideal symbiosis between a natural and modern world. As one of the fastest growing economies in the Balkans, Montenegro is quickly becoming a key destination for investors seeking mobility, security, and increased quality of life.
WHY CHOOSE MONTENEGRO?
Montenegro’s natural beauty and sophistication aren’t the only reasons why the nation is attracting vast opportunity for growth and development. Its recent independence and strategic position have also influenced Montenegro to become central to some of the most important industries in the world.
Discover a world of benefits within Montenegro:
- Fast procedure. Residency within 3 weeks and approval of citizenship within six months.
- Dependents under 18 years of age are also granted citizenship with main applicants.
- No language requirements.
- No obligation to relinquish current nationality.
- NATO Member.
- Candidate country for future expansion of the EU, expected by 2025.
- E-2 Treaty Program signed between Montenegro and the United States which allows citizens of Montenegro to reside and work in the U.S. under an E-2 Investor Visa.
- Global mobility with access to 116 nations visa-free.
- Strategic geographical location in Europe with direct access to Adriatic Sea.
- Porto Montenegro; one of the world’s finest yachting marinas.
- An outstanding holiday destination.
Government Fund Donation
Applicants must make a contribution of €100,000 in the form of a government fund donation.
Real Estate Investment
In addition to the donation, applicants are required to invest in approved real estate projects in the country. Depending on where the selected projects are, applicants will have the choice of the following investment levels:
- €250,000 investment in an undeveloped region (north of the country), or
- €450,000 investment in a developed region (south of the country).
To qualify for residency or citizenship, applicants must fulfill one of the investment options below in addition to meeting the following criteria:
- Be a non-EU citizen.
- Possess a valid passport or another foreign travel document.
- Provide documents supporting the source and origin of invested funds.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Attest the power of attorneys and the investment agreement.
ARTON INDEX SCORE
Updated yearly, the Arton Index is an overall assessment and comparative benchmark of the country and its investment program.
Population Growth: -0.28%
17 400 USD
GDP (per capita)
GDP (purchasing power parity)
11.01 billion USD
Visa free countries
LOCATION- Southeastern Europe, between the Adriatic Sea and Serbia
DIFFERENCE- UTC +2
TOTAL AREA- 13,812 sq.km.
AGE DEMOGRAPHICS- 0-14: 15.10%, 15-24: 9.58%, 24-54: 46.59%, 55-64: 13.58%, 65+: 15.14%
LANGUAGE- Serbian 42.9%, Montenegrin (official) 37%, Bosnian 5.3%, Albanian 5.3%, Serbo-Croat 2%
RELIGIONS- Orthodox 72.1%, Muslim 19.1%, Catholic 3.4%, atheist 1.2%
GOVERNMENT TYPE- Parliamentary Republic
CURRENCY- Euro (EUR)
EXCHANGE RATE- 1 USD = 0.89 EUR